Join us for the first annual Irondequiot Neighborhood Roundtable Fresh Food Frenzy!
What it is:
The Fresh Food Frenzy is a friendly competition between Irondequoit Neighborhood Associations aimed at helping to keep the Irondequoit Community Cupboard stocked all summer long as well as developing neighborhood pride and camaraderie between the associations.
How it works:
Each participating neighborhood association has chosen a week during the months of June, July and August. During the identified week, that neighborhood association promotes the Frenzy to thier residents and encourages them to bring donations to the pantry. At the end of each week the donations will be weighed and the results posted below.
What You Need To Know:
- Drop Off Location: Irondequoit Community Cupboard 4275 Culver Road
- Drop Off Time: Tuesdays & Saturdays 9 AM – 11 AM This is when ICC volunteers are scheduled to receive donations during thier normal operating hours
- Be sure every donation is CLEARLY LABELED with the name of your association AND Fresh Food Frenzy
- Do not leave donated goods outside the Community Cupboard
- Knock loudly on the regular door, and if there is no answer, knock on the loading bay door.
- You can always check the ICC website to see which items they are in most need of before making your donation.
- Think about ways to MAXIMIZE the weight of your donation! laundry detergent and watermelons certainly count!
- Collect donations from your street and send one neighbor with the donations to encourage more participation!
- If you’re sending one a large donation, aim to bring the items closer to 9 AM, so we don’t overwhelm the staff with a large donation too late for distributio