The Town of Irondequoit:
As one town, Irondequoit shares many assets such as a gleaming library, a beautiful waterfront and a wide selection of community festivals and parades. However, we are also a community made up of many smaller neighborhoods, each with their own unique characteristics, assets and celebrations. It is important that our efforts are carefully balanced between uniting our community as a whole while also working to highlight, support and enhance the specific attributes of each neighborhood.In this manner we can develop one strong and vibrant town.
To this end, the Town of Irondequoit launched an initiative focused on encouraging the development and fostering the growth of formalized neighborhood associations. These associations subsequently came together to form the Irondequoit Neighborhood Roundtable in order to share best practices, collaborate on common goals and synergize town wide. Through the efforts of the collaboration of both groups, residents can find many supports, access resources and connect with coaches which are standing by to guide you with your efforts to create stronger, safer and more vibrant communities.
It is the Town’s hope that voluntary, democratic, resident led neighborhood associations will allow existing residents and community stakeholders a mechanism which can be used to bridge gaps and achieve common goals as well as help residents feel a sense of ownership and empowerment to advocate for their community. The Town also anticipates promotion and advocacy surrounding unique atmospheres throughout Irondequoit will attract new residents to our town and ensure that they are able to find the unique communities, varied housing styles and a diverse array of desirable amenities that are suited for thier lifestyle here in Irondequoit.
The Irondequoit Neighborhood Roundtable:
Working together with the Town of Irondequoit the Neighborhood Roundtable hopes to leverage the strengths within each of our neighborhoods bringing additional positive attention to the entire Town of Irondequoit and enhancing quality of life for all by helping each separate neighborhood association to work together and open lines of communication amongst each other.
The Mission Statement of the Irondequoit Neighborhood Roundtable is:
To help residents, in cooperation with local government, develop vibrant neighborhoods connected to a common goal of promoting and further improving the character of the Town of Irondequoit as a whole.
The purpose of the Irondequoit Neighborhood Roundtable is as follows:
- Connect neighborhood associations in order to share best practices, collaborate on common goals and build cooperation amongst one another.
- Provide the tools and skills necessary to develop the qualities of strong neighborhoods.
- Protect the conditions for unique and desirable neighborhoods within the Town of Irondequoit.
- Promote the assets and character of the Town of Irondequoit.
- Develop a partnership between local government and neighborhood associations.
To achieve these goals, Roundtable will:
- Share best practices between neighborhood associations
- Open lines of communication between neighborhood associations
- Develop new and existing neighborhood associations in Irondequoit
- Collaborate on common projects and initiatives
- Cultivate a working relationship between local government and neighborhood associations
Are you here because you want to start an association in neighborhood without one? Get started by visiting our Resources Page and looking over both the Association Guidebook and Quick Start Guide. If you’re still in. Write us on our Contact Form to get started. We’re here to help.
Just trying to learn more about your neighborhood, find out if you already have an association or get in contact with an existing association? You can do that too, right on our Neighborhood Finder Page.